OOC Chat Forum Rules and Guidelines

Sinistra

AO God
Owner
Welcome to the Out of Character (OOC) Chat Forum!

This space is dedicated to discussions that are not part of the in-character (IC) role-playing threads. It’s a place to talk about game mechanics, plot planning, character development, and general chit-chat. To ensure a friendly and productive environment, please follow these rules and guidelines:

Rules:

1. Stay Respectful: Treat all members with respect. Personal attacks, harassment, or discriminatory language will not be tolerated.
  2. Keep it PG: This is a family-friendly forum. Please avoid explicit content or profanity.
  3. No Spam: Do not flood the forum with repetitive messages, advertisements, or irrelevant content.
  4. Separate IC and OOC: Keep in-character roleplay within the designated IC forums. OOC chat should remain here.
Guidelines:

1. Topic Threads: Use existing threads for common topics or create a new thread if your topic is unique.
  2. Clarity: When discussing IC events, clearly indicate which game or scenario you’re referring to.
  3. Spoilers: Use spoiler tags or warnings when discussing plot points that others may not have encountered yet.
  4. Conflict Resolution: If a dispute arises, try to resolve it amicably or seek assistance from a moderator.
FAQs: Q: Can I discuss my character’s secret backstory in OOC? A: Yes, but be mindful of spoilers and the impact on the game’s story.

Q: What if I see someone breaking the rules? A: Report the post to the moderators and avoid engaging with the rule-breaker.

Q: How can I use OOC chat to improve my role-playing? A: Seek feedback, discuss character development, and collaborate on plot ideas with fellow players.

Q: Is it okay to go off-topic in OOC chat? A: While some off-topic conversation is fine, try to keep discussions relevant to the forum’s themes.

Remember, the OOC chat forum is a community space. Your cooperation helps maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members. Happy chatting!

Back