AO News Should Anime-Insight Rebrand to Anime Online

Should Anime-Insight rebrand to Anime Online!

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Should I direct Anime Online Domain here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Start a new website with Anime Online

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sinistra

AO God
Owner
Like in the topic 

I thought about re-branding the site. Now here is your chance to help me out with the choice! Please cast your votes, If I get enough for a rebrand I will do so at the end of February 

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you thinking about switching domain names too?  I would caution against that if you are thinking it.  I did that not once, but twice.  I've lost potential members, despite having an easier domain name.  I've had to rebuild my community each time, and ...well, my site seems mostly dead.  It probably still would be dead if I kept the original name, but, then again, it might have had more life in it.  Getting traffic to your new site will be a challenge too, it's like starting all over again.

Also, what's the reason for the rebranding?  Anime Online suggests that you'll host an anime streaming service.  At least, that's the first thing that comes to my mind as a user.

Now would be the time.  The site is small with little SEO.  So the hit would be minor in the long growth of the site.  Granted, there will always be a hit to views and members afterwards.

So I have thought about it and I have taken your thoughts into consideration Anime Online will become it's own site. if one becomes more popular then the other the one with the less popularity will be merged into the other. I think this is a valid idea what do you guys think? 

My only concern is that multiple sites lead to traffic split amongst themselves. If you prefer one over the other, just make that decision to move to one instead of splitting your effort between the two. Just my 2 cents. :)

My only concern is that multiple sites lead to traffic split amongst themselves. If you prefer one over the other, just make that decision to move to one instead of splitting your effort between the two. Just my 2 cents. :)
This is always a concern, but it can be done right.  I'm not sure if I would mirror the two, perhaps try a different take on each one and let the strongest survive?  Or even use one for articles and content and the other for a forum and community.

This is always a concern, but it can be done right.  I'm not sure if I would mirror the two, perhaps try a different take on each one and let the strongest survive?  Or even use one for articles and content and the other for a forum and community.
I have thought about making this site strictly for graphic designers, offering renders stock images wallpapers and resources like brushes, gradient packs what have you stuff like that. and using Anime Online for Anime reviews, news, and other things.   

Back