Essential Rules and Guidelines for Creating a Forum RPG

Sinistra

AO God
Owner
Hello Aspiring Game Masters!

Are you ready to create an immersive RPG for our community? Here’s what you need to know to ensure your game is successful and enjoyable for all players:

Rules:

1. Originality: Your RPG must be an original creation. Any content borrowed from other sources must be properly credited.
  2. Content Guidelines: Keep the content appropriate for all players. Avoid explicit themes and adhere to the forum’s content policy.
  3. Player Engagement: Encourage active participation and ensure that all players have the opportunity to contribute to the storyline.
  4. Fair Play: Implement rules that promote fair play and balance, preventing any single player from dominating the game.
Guidelines:

1. Game Structure: Clearly define the setting, plot, and objectives of your RPG. Provide a framework that allows for player creativity within the bounds of your game world.
  2. Character Guidelines: Offer a template or set of criteria for character creation, including limitations to maintain game balance.
  3. Moderation: Establish a system for moderating the game, handling disputes, and ensuring the smooth progression of the story.
  4. Accessibility: Make sure your RPG is accessible to new players, with clear instructions on how to join and participate.
FAQs:
Q: How do I handle conflicts between players? A: Set up a conflict resolution system within your RPG rules, and as a moderator, be prepared to mediate when necessary.

Q: Can I change the rules of the RPG after it has started? A: Major rule changes should be avoided once the game has begun. If necessary, discuss potential changes with the players and proceed with consensus.

Q: What if a player wants to leave the RPG? A: Have a plan for writing out characters if a player decides to leave, ensuring it doesn’t disrupt the overall story.

Q: How often should I update the RPG thread? A: Regular updates are crucial. Aim for at least one update per week to keep the story moving and players engaged.

Remember, the key to a successful forum RPG is collaboration and creativity. By following these rules and guidelines, you’ll create a vibrant and dynamic game that everyone can enjoy!

Happy Gaming!

Back